Direct Plus Deli Group comprised of 5 companies, is a fast-growing sales, marketing, manufacturing, and distribution company, leader in the specialty food segment in the minds of our customers and consumers. Our product offering is carefully selected and continually maintained, through industry-leading product innovation and the continued commitment to exceptional products, brands, and service. We believe in providing our customers with products of the highest quality made by a selection of trusted brands including Grimm’s Fine Foods, McSweeney’s premium jerky and meat snacks, Audrey’s Patisserie, Saporé Foods, and Butcher’s Companion. To learn more please visit our website at www.directplus.ca
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for driving sales growth in the international market. They are responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, building, and maintaining relationships with customers, and achieving sales targets. They play a crucial role in expanding the company’s global presence and driving revenue growth, which requires strong communication and negotiation skills, as well as a deep understanding of international markets and cultural differences.
Role and Responsibilities
• Have a strong understanding of international trade and the cultural impact.
• Conduct market research to identify potential international markets and assess their viability for business expansion.
• Develop and implement sales strategies to expand the company’s international presence.
• Identify and pursue new business opportunities by researching and analyzing market trends, competitor activities, and customer needs.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential customers through regular communication, meetings, and follow-up.
• Conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations to showcase the company’s offerings and value proposition through competitive branding, pricing, and promotional strategy.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales and Marketing, R & D, and plant operations to ensure operational and organizational readiness for customer satisfaction and successful sales outcomes.
• Stay up to date on industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory requirements in international markets.
• Prepare sales reports and forecasts, providing insights and recommendations to management for
• Negotiate and close business deals, ensuring favourable terms and conditions for the company.
• Travel to international markets as required to meeting current and potential customers, attend trade shows, and participate in industry events.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, international relations, or a related field. Additional certifications or training in international business development is an asset.
• Proven track record of success in international business development, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Strong knowledge of international markets, including cultural nuances, business practice, and regulatory frameworks.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and negotiate effectively with customers from diverse backgrounds.
• Analytical mindset, with the ability to conduct market research, analyze data, and identify business opportunities.
• Results-oriented mindset, with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed business development targets.
• Experience in digital technology to access international markets, and other business development tools to manage leads, track activities, and generate reports.
• Holds a valid passport and able to travel outside of Canada.
• Willingness to travel internationally as required (approx. 50%-60%).
For more information on this position, please contact Lynne Ciardullo at email@example.com.